Herterich’s of Longford Spiced Beef Reuben
2 slices of Rye Bread or Sourdough
200g Herterich’s Spiced Beef
2 slices Swiss cheese or cheddar
2tbspn heavy mayonnaise
1tsp Heinz ketchup
1tsp Worchester sauce
2 cherry peppers
white pepper & salt to taste
1tbspn Richmount Farm Elderflower cordial
1tsp O’Dowd’s Honey
1tsp Dijon Mustard
1tbspn red wine vinegar
3tbspn 88 Food Co. Lemony Rapeseed Oil
Handful of rocket leaves
1. Place all the dressing ingredients into a processor and blitz to combine. Pulse and don’t over blend. Having a little texture left works best.
2. Butter each slice of bread and stack it with the buttered sides touching each other, then add a slice of cheese, half the beef, some dressing, half the sauerkraut and repeat once more, then top with the lower slice of bread keeping the buttered side exposed.
3. Heat a non-stick pan, making sure it’s too hot. Place the sandwich on the pan. You should hear a slight steady sizzle.
4. Whilst the sandwich is grilling, add the elderflower cordial to a bowl followed by the honey, seasoning, mustard, vinegar and mix well. Now add the oil and whisk continuously.
5. Remove the sandwich when it’s golden on each side, cut into quarters, add some vinaigrette to the rocket leaves and mix well. Serve.