Crowe’s Bangers ‘N’ Mash in Mustard Lyonnaise
12 Crowe’s Farm sausages
Drizzle of vegetable oil
2tbspn mustard Seeds
2tbspn wholegrain mustard
50ml balsamic vinegar
600ml roast chicken gravy
3 white onions, sliced
5 large potatoes washed
4–5 knobs of butter
1 bunch scallions
Double cream to taste
Salt and white pepper
1. Heat a frying pan, add the oil then the Crowe’s Farm sausages and brown all over.
2. Now add in the mustard seeds and cook for 2–3 minutes on a low heat (use a lid, as they pop!)
3. Add in the balsamic vinegar, reduce by half and then add in the wholegrain mustard followed by the gravy, bit by bit.
4. Turn down the heat and simmer very slowly.
5. Boil the potatoes until tender, then drain and add in some seasoning, sliced scallions, butter and mix well. Next add in the cream until you have the desired consistency.
6. Serve in a bowl with the sausages, topping a big dollop of the buttery champ.