Castlemine Farm Pork Scaloppini ‘Caprese’ with Cloonconra Cheese
4 x 90g pork loin scaloppini
2 cloves garlic
8sprigs of thyme, chopped fine
100ml vegetable oil
fine sea salt and white pepper to taste
8tsp sized pieces Cloonconra cheese
200g panko breadcrumbs
2 whole eggs
200g plain white flour
1. Remove the Cloonconra cheese from the fridge, season and set aside to come up to room temperature.
2. Place the oil, garlic and thyme into a food processor and blend well.
3. Season the pork scaloppini and pour the marinate over it. Leave to rest for 30–60 minutes in the fridge.
4. For the Pane, whisk the eggs and milk together and season well.
5. Now take the pork and pass it through the flour, then the egg wash, and finally the breadcrumbs.
6. Heat a frying pan and add a splash of vegetable or olive oil.
7. Add the pork and pan fry until golden, then turn over and repeat. Lower the heat and allow the pork to cook slowly, being careful not to burn it (approx. 8–10 minutes).
8. Core a heirloom tomato and slice. Season well with rock salt and pepper.
9. To serve, drizzle on some 88 Food Company lemon rapeseed oil or olive oil to a plate, followed by some aged balsamic. Then add a couple of slices of heirloom tomato, some Cloonconra cheese, fresh basil, and finish with two pork scaloppini. Enjoy.